ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION :
Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity.
Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an
era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition and gender inequity.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Project Coordinator serves a vital support role for the team and will work with US-based and international staff on all aspects of the business including project implementation and procurement facilitation as well as review.
The Project Coordinator will work with multiple staff members and be expected to manage and navigate a dynamic and quick-paced work environment that requires flexibility, attention to detail, and discernment. The Project Coordinator will be supporting the Burkina Faso Portfolio and will report to the Director, Food Systems Programs. The Burkina Faso Portfolio projects supported at this time include :
Supporting Family Farming to Launch Poultry Breeding and Valorize the Rural Economy (SELEVER 2) program.
A six-year program estimated to reach 120,000 project participants, SELEVER 2 holistically leverages the entire poultry sector in Burkina Faso – including government entities and the private sector – to increase incomes for women, support women’s inclusion in the poultry sector, and improve community access to nutritious and diverse foods.
CLE will work with media partners and funding partners to promote and support entrepreneurial opportunities in Burkina Faso through a three-pronged approach.
- Economie et gestion
The Project Coordinator will be supporting the Burkina Faso Portfolio and will report to the Director, Food Systems Programs. The Burkina Faso Portfolio projects supported at this time i
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in international development, agriculture, public health, or other related field ;
- Fluency in French and English required
- Demonstrated interest in international development topics and current issues; relevant educational, volunteer, or work
- Experience supporting work in Sub-Saharan Africa, South America, or India preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience directly supporting international development projects (can be financial, programmatic, and/or administrative) ;
- Adaptable, innovative, and driven by a sense of shared success ; able to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to successfully interact and work with all levels of the organization, clients, and donors in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner in French and English
- Demonstrated editing and formatting experience required
- Ability to clearly communicate with others in a team setting
- Ability to communicate to management in a professional manner
- Detail oriented and self-directed
- Ability to proactively problem solve
- Curriculum vitae in french dated and signed including a list of at least 3 references,
- Motivation letter addressed to the Managing Director of ICI Partner Companies,
- Photocopy of valid ID (or passport),
- Photocopy of diplomas and certificates.
Merci de d'abord renseigner d'abord votre profil dans le CVthèque pour pouvoir postuler à une offre d'emploi. à l'adresse: https://www.ici-pe.com/deposer-un-cv/
Curriculum vitae in french dated and signed including a list of at least 3 references,
Motivation letter addressed to the Managing Director of ICI Partner Companies,
Photocopy of valid ID (or passport),
Photocopy of diplomas and certificates.