The U.S. Mission in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Guard in the Regional Security Office.
Opening Date :
October 27, 2021
Closing Date : November 03, 2021
Open to All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Work Schedule : Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY : *Ordinarily Resident (OR) : CFA 4,849,472 p.a. (Starting Salary)
(Position Grade : FSN-02)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION :
This position is located in the Regional Security Office. Incumbent performs duties in accordance with all published guard orders to safeguard U.S. Government property and personnel. Services will include vehicle and personnel access control and screening, accessing and maintaining electronic and paper visitor logs, detecting and reporting hostile surveillance of Mission facilities, responding to calls for assistance by Mission personnel as directed by Regional Security Officer (RSO) or Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO). Job holder provides additional security for special events and VIP visits, and other security related duties as assigned. Supervision is provided by the on-duty shift supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
1. EDUCATION : Completion of elementary school (CEP) is required.
2. EXPERIENCE : Minimum of one year of military, police or private experience in security related duties in an international organization or in a large local institution is required.
3. LANGUAGE :
Limited knowledge written and spoken English is required.
Good working knowledge of written and spoken French is required. This may be tested.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES : Must be able to interact with Embassy personnel, members of the Burkina Faso government and the general public. Must be physically fit and able to perform all facets of guard responsibilities to include operating personnel and vehicle access controls, screening personnel and vehicles. Accessing and maintaining electronic and written logs. Keen observation and documentation skills. Ability to physically use personnal protective equipment, pull/push heavy objects, and protect him/herself and others. This may be tested.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE : Thorough understanding of general, post, special, and supplementary guard orders. Strong working knowledge of basic security practices and procedures. Basic knowledge regarding detecting and reporting hostile surveillance.
HOW TO APPLY : Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered :
• Create an account on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Website at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms
• Choose Announcement Number Ouaga-2021-039 Guard and complete the online application.
• Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. Copies of Attestations/Certificates of Work, degrees certificates, wok permits & SF 50 if applicable) into the Electronic Recruitment Application system. click on the "Apply to This Vacancy" to submit your application.
• For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site : https://bf.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Required Documents :
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application :
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable)
• Completion of elementary school (CEP) is required.
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
• Copies of Relevant Work attestations and Certificates.
What to Expect Next :
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via telephone calls and email.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION : The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office at [email protected]
• All Applications must be made in English.
• All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• All applications must be for an open/advertised position.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY : The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.