VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT # 2021-017 R1/S
CARPENTRY MAINTENANCE WORKER/CARPENTER
The U.S. Mission in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Carpentry Maintenance Worker/Carpenter in the Facility Maintenance Section.
Opening Date :
October 28, 2021
Closing Date : November 11, 2021
Open to : All interested candidates/ All sources
Work Schedule : Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY : *Ordinarily Resident (OR) : CFA 7,271,427 p.a. (Starting Salary)
(Position Grade : FSN-05)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION :
Working in the Facility Management section of the Embassy the Carpentry Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and repair work on finish and interior assemblies, furnishings and fixtures in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. Job holder would repair, adjust, and install doors, windows, hardware, wall, ceiling and floor coverings, sunshades, and blinds ; fixed furnishings ; painting of various surfaces ; and replacement specified glazing products with required installation materials.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
1. EDUCATION : Completion of Primary school is required
2. EXPERIENCE : A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of building assemblies, furnishings and fixture operations is required.
3. LANGUAGE :
English - (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
French - (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. This may be tested
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
• Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
• Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
• A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
• A current driver’s license is required. This may be tested.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE : Competence in :
• Maintenance and repair of various building finishes and assembles, components, fixtures and furnishings utilizing carpentry and general building construction skill.
• Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of wood working and metal machines, various types of power and handheld tools that meet accepted trade practices and safety procedures.
• Ability to utilize various types of electronic measuring devices and recording instruments.
• Testing procedures in control assembly tolerances, diagnose faults, determine current operating function to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
• Reading and working from sketches, architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and material list
6. HOW TO APPLY : Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered :
• To apply, click on the "Apply to This Vacancy" tab at the top of the announcement, create an account, Select the Announcement Number Ouaga-2021-017 R1/S Carpentry Maintenance Worker/Carpenter FSN-05 and complete the online application. Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g., cover letter, degrees certificates, wok permits & SF 50 if applicable) into the Electronic Recruitment Application system.
Required Documents : Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application :
• Completion of Primary school is required
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
• Relevant Work attestations and Certificates.
What to Expect Next :
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via telephone calls and email.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION : The complete position description listing all the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office at [email protected]
• All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• All applications must be for an open/advertised position.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY : The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.