Technical Advisor (T.A)–Protection Mainstreaming and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)/Safeguarding
As technical Advisor (T.A) –Protection Mainstreaming & PSEA, you will provide technical advice and support to the Country Program and partners on Protection Mainstreaming (PM) and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)/safeguarding and in line with the country program goals and objectives, and with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to country program and partner teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will provide capacity strengthening for partners and country teams in PM and PSEA/safeguarding.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of protection mainstreaming and PSEA/safeguarding technical content for capacity strengthening efforts with participating local partner organizations in all target countries and review country developed training materials, tools, processes and procedures to ensure that technical design in PSEA/safeguarding and protection mainstreaming meets sectoral standards.
- Work with CRS team to ensure coordinated, consistent protection mainstreaming, PSEA and safeguarding messaging through partner strengthening efforts and support timely resolution of partnership challenges via dialogue and support from others, as appropriate.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in protection mainstreaming and PSEA for staff and partner through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
- Support partners to strengthen, integrate and improve protection mainstreaming, and PSEA/ safeguarding systems, structures and practices.
- Provide technical solutions to partner teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools and M&E, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Assist country program teams in ensuring quality partnerships between CRS and partners in line with CRS and Caritas Internationalis (CI) partnership principles.
- Monitor and report on local partners’ application and impact of PSEA policies and guidance. Make recommendations to the CP team and partner for improving and applying best practices in protection mainstreaming and PSEA.
- Similarly, support partners to develop and operationalize PSEA/safeguarding policies including feedback systems and Code of Conduct and support the development of systems and practices to ensure effective application of safeguarding/PSEA policies.
- Develop contacts with other humanitarian organizations (local and international) working on protection mainstreaming and PSEA/safeguarding issues to facilitate new learning, sharing of practices, and collaboration.
- Through on-going coordination with the CRS country programming, ensure timely and quality implementation of capacity strengthening support for local partners in protection mainstreaming and PSEA/safeguarding:
- Ensure team members regularly assess and monitor partners’ progress toward capacity strengthening goals and work with the team/partners to adjust/improve approaches as needed to address identified technical shortfalls in protection mainstreaming and PSEA/safeguarding.
- Establish and maintain regular communication channels with and among all project implementing country programs to share learning, challenges, successes, and tools among the team.
- As required represent the CP in CRS Protection working groups, and other internal and external groups working on PSEA and protection mainstreaming.
- Facilitate the appropriate level of visibility as mandated by partners, CP, donor, and CRS as an agency.
• Master's Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or another related field required.
• Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in PSEA and/or PM.
• Knowledge of technical principles, concepts, and international standards in PSEA and Protection Mainstreaming. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
• Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
• Experienced trainer/teacher of adults and multi-cultural groups
• Experienced in establishing a feedback mechanism is an asset
Required Languages – Local language and French, English being an added value.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Established leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Ability to represent and present at high levels.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application: Qualified candidates should send electronic version of their application along their CV with 3 professional references by April 7 th , 2021 to the to the following mail address : [email protected]
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, life insurance, thirteenth month's salary, office nursery, support for nanny costs during field travels , vision and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Candidate's commitment to CRS Safeguarding Policy
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Competent and Qualified Women are encouraged to apply
Ouagadougou, March 22 nd , 2021
Management, direction générale
R&D, gestion de projets
|Secteur d´activité :||
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
|Type de contrat :||
|Niveau d'expérience :||
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
|Niveau d'études :||
|Langues exigées :||
anglais › bon niveau
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|